Friday, April 10, 2009

Strawberry Cream Cheese Buns

I love my Google Reader. It's so much easier to check that for all my blog updates, rather than actually going to each blog. It's really a great time saver, especially since I love to check up on so many food blogs. It's a time saver, and who doesn't love those??!! I learned a great tip yesterday. I was at a dinner for moms and they had an organizing expert come and talk to us. One thing I love, besides fruit and cream cheese together, is organizing. I am not a great cleaner, but I love organizing!! She had plenty of great tips, but one I liked was to turn on a timer when you get on the computer and get off when your timer goes off. So you don't end up wasting your whole day on the computer when there are pressing issues to get to. Like these babies....

This recipe is from Bake or Break

Strawberry Cream Cheese Buns
1 cup + 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup milk
1/4- 1/3 cup preserves ( I used strawberry in some, and blackberry in some- you could also use raspberry)


Mix 1 cup flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
Beat cream cheese, butter and sugar together.Add one egg at a time.Add flour mixture, alternately...with milk.Add last 3/4 cup flour and mix until combined.
Scoop batter into muffin tins. I used a small ice cream scoop.I got 18 regular sized muffins out of the batter. Put 2 small dollups of strawberry (or raspberry, or blackberry)
preserves on each scoop of batter.Swirl the preserves into the batter with a knife.
Bake at 350 for 16-19 minutes.
These are a little dark, they went a minute or two long. Just one of the many side effects of having two preschoolers around the house- you don't always get to oven in time...
These were lovely. They are a little sweeter than muffins, more cake-like. The preserves are a nice touch. They are not wow-y, but they are easy and yummy. My kids LOVE them.

No comments: