Saturday, March 14, 2009

Roasted Carrots

Another easy side dish!! Last week, it was roasted potatoes- and that even invoked a comment from a REAL food blogger. Sweet!!!
As you can tell, I love roasting...well, anything. It's a quick way (read:easy) to prepare foods, and pretty much everything I have tried is great. But, carrots. Now THAT is something that surprised even me. It took me seeing it in a magazine before I got the idea to roast carrots, and in the magazine it was those miniature carrots (see picture below)- which I have never actually seen, but would love to try. Where do you get those? Do I need to go to my fancy grocery store?
When you roast the carrots, they get a little sweet, and soft- but not mushy. My husband absolutely LOVES these, and I serve them often- any way that I can get him to eat veggies...

Roasted Carrots
carrots
salt and pepper
olive oil

Peel carrots, and chop in large chunks. Sprinkle with salt, a little pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat (I usually use my hands- messy, but easy!)
Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. You can flip them around halfway through,
and I drizzled mine with more olive oil.

No comments: