Saturday, May 9, 2009

Roasted Chicken and Veggies

My favorite thing to do with potatoes and carrots are to roast them, and that has been well documented on this blog. But, last summer- I did a whole meal roasted. It's a favorite summer meal of mine- and I will repeat it often this season. One of the foods I get the most excited about this season is corn on the cob. I LOVE corn on the cob. I could eat it everyday. I always wrapped mine up in foil with butter and salt and cooked it in the oven- it's great, but it takes about 40 minutes. My mother-in-law showed me how she does hers...in about 6 minutes. She puts her ears in a gallon baggie and closes it, then cooks it in the microwave. After the bag pops and the corn is hot- it's ready. It is so crisp!!! I am so excited now to have a quick way to do corn.

Roasted Chicken and Veggies
chicken tenders or chicken breast cut into large chunks (I just marinated the chicken in a little olive oil and a dry herb blend)
corn on the cob, shucked and cleaned
carrots, peeled and sliced thick
potatoes (preferable gold or new, but I used russet because that's all I had), chopped
*Use whatever veggies you like- these are our favs

The veggies are clean and chopped, the oven is preheated to 375
You will need 2 baking sheetsOn one baking sheet, toss the carrots with olive oil, salt and pepper
Place the chicken on the other end of the baking sheetPotatoes on the other baking sheet- also tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper
Put a pat of butter and sprinkle salt on the corn, wrap up nice and tight in foil
Place them in oven, no need for a baking sheet

The potatoes and corn go in first- they will each take about 40 minutes. Then after 20 minutes, put in the carrots and chicken. They only take about 20 minutes. And- you're done!!!!

No comments: