Monday, July 6, 2009

Easy Omelets

We love breakfast in our house, but my husband and I favor different items. I love french toast, blueberry muffins, and sausage biscuits. He loves omelets, scrambled eggs with all kinds of things in it and pancakes. I recently tried an omelet, and it worked out pretty good. The key I think is a nonstick pan. Mine is a 19.99 from Bed, Bath n Beyond one- nothing fancy, but it always makes great eggs and never sticks!!

nonstick pan
3-4 eggs
butter
mushrooms, onions (whatever you want in your omelet)
cheese

Beat eggs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Saute your onions, mushrooms or whatever veggies you are using.
They need to be totally cooked before you add them to the omelet,
because you add them at the end.
Heat skillet to medium high and put a pat of butter in skillet.
Pour eggs to totally cover bottom of skillet
Move sides of eggs away from pan, then tip pan to let uncooked eggs tip over and fill in the pan.
When almost all the way set, add veggies to one side of omelet. Sprinkle cheese over whole thing.
My hubby likes cheese!!
Flip one side of eggs over onto the side with veggies on it.
Slide onto a plate. Sprinkle the top with more cheese :)

3 comments:

Sonya said...

You really need to come over and show me how to make one of these because mine never ever come out. Maybe I am to impatient or something but the whole flipping part goes wrong everytime.

I do love omelets though and french toast is my favorite..I love biscuits and gravy too..lol

Heidi said...

What great omelets! I haven't made them in such a long time. We love having breakfast food for supper.

Donna-FFW said...

I love omelettes. Yours look fabulous! Great tips.