Thursday, November 20, 2008

M&M Cookies

I had a craving for cookies, but I didn't want chocolate chip. I was browsing some of my favorite cooking blogs and saw M&M cookies. I used to LOVE getting M&M cookies from the cookie place at the mall, so I thought I would try it at home. I got this recipe from mms.com

M&M Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1 12-ounce package M&M Mini baking bits (I had some minis, but not enough for the recipe, so I used regular size M&Ms as well)

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; blend into creamed mixture.
(My 4-year-old LOVES to crack the eggs)
Stir in M&Ms.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. *They will be golden brown on the edges. Let cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes,(or they will fall apart on you- trust me) then move to a cooling rack. These were good and a nice alternative to chocolate chip. It says to use the mini M&Ms in the recipe, but the regular size was fine, so if that's all you have, don't let that stop you from making these.

Don't forget the giveaway- just scroll down to get the info.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Yummy!! I love M&M cookies!! So, I see 2 of my friends have entered your contest...I think that should give me lots of extra chances to win!!! Just kidding!! :)