Saturday, November 15, 2008

Shredded Beef Tacos

You can do steak in the crockpot. Did you know that? If you did, why didn't you tell me?


I coarsely chopped an onion and 2 cloves of garlic in the crockpot.

Seasoned the steak with salt and pepper, and put it on top of veggies. I added half a can of beef broth and turned on low. I cooked it on low for 6-7 hours.
It just falls apart!!! Yum. I actually cooked it one night, and used it for the tacos the next night, so it's in the tuperware. I should have added some broth to the meat, it dried out a little bit.
Shredded
Shredded Beef Tacos
It was nice to have something different, instead of ground beef tacos. I will do this again, but I will keep the meat in juices/broth so it doesn't dry out.

*Review- Crockpot liners
LOVE THIS!! I wish I could remember how much these were, so I could decide if they are worth it, but it was so nice to not have to clean the crockpot. Nothing leaked out into the crockpot and I just picked the bag up, and threw it right in the trash. Maybe I won't use these everytime I use the crockpot, just save them for the extra messy recipes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo I like those crockpot liners. That is obviously my least favorite part of using a crockpot is having to clean it. I might try those!

Melissa said...

That looks so good my mouth is watering!! I never knew you could cook steak in a crockpot. I cannot wait to try this recipe.