Monday, November 10, 2008

Monkey Bread

This is a yummy, special treat kind of breakfast. The kids LOVED it. Well, ok, so did my husband and I for that matter. My kids enjoyed this so much when my sister-in-law made it, I found a recipe (from Pillsbury.com) and made it for them myself!

Monkey Bread
1 can biscuits ( I used the large biscuits), cut in quarters
3/4 c butter
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c sugar

cut biscuits in quarters.
These are the large "Grands-like" biscuits- I used store brand, but the same thing.Fill a ziploc bag with cinnamon and sugar-
put biscuit quarters in bag and shake to coat biscuits well.Put biscuits in pan. I used a loaf pan (I halved the recipe- usually you use a bundt pan for these) Melt butter and add brown sugar. Pour over biscuits. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes (28-32 minutes for larger size)Let sit in pan for 10 minutes after baking.
Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve.

No comments: