Sunday, December 21, 2008

Incredibly Easy Fudge

I am not a candy person. Well, I am an inexperienced candy person. I do own a candy thermometer, but I have never used it. I am trying...but I am starting off slowly, and easily. I did the peppermint bark (scroll down to previous posts), which was just melting chocolate on a baking sheet. I found this fudge recipe last year, but never got around to trying it. This is my second time to make it this year, it is easy, fast and YUM! Seriously, make this. You are not going to believe how easy this is, and that these ingredients are all that is needed to make actual fudge.

JELL-O Chocolate Pudding Fudge
1 package (8 oz.) semi-sweet baking chocolate, divided
1 stick butter, divided
1/3 cup water
1 package Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
3 cups powdered sugar
Melt 4 oz. chocolate, 6 Tbsp. butter and water in microwave for 2 minutes

Stir
Add pudding mix
Add powdered sugar; one cup at a time (It WILL all mix in, just keep stirring)
Press into foil-lined square pan
Melt remaining chocolate (4 oz.) and remaining butter (2 Tbsp.)
Stir
Spread over fudge
Refrigerate at lest 2 hours or until firm.
Cut into squares

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Oh wow I am for sure going to make this. I have never made my own candy but this looks like something I could do:)