Friday, September 19, 2008

Tip for today

Go to Kraft website (on my links to the right) and sign up for their magazine. It's FREE. Yes, seriously free and full of recipes. It comes out 4 times a year, and the turn of the season. I just got my fall one, and it was pretty good.

From the magazine and can't wait to try:

Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
I LOVE sweet potatoes. I make them a ridiculous amount during the holidays and never get tired of them (my husband, however, definitely got sweet potato overload last fall/winter)

2 large sweet potatoes
2 oz. cream cheese
2 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 c. pecan pieces

Heat oven to 425. Cut potatoes lengthwise in half; place, cut-side down, in foil-lined baking pan. Bake 30-35 min. or until tender. Scoop out centers of potatoes into bowl (be careful, don't let the skin break!), leaving a little bit of sweet potato in there as a shell. Add cream cheese, milk, sugar, and cinnamon to potatoes, mash until blended. Spoon potato mixture into shells; top with nuts. Bake 10 min. or until potatoes are heated through and nuts are toasted.
Can't wait to try!

The other reason I like this magazine so much, they show you how to do things; there are lots of pictures (as opposed to this blog, which has no pictures. In the future, my recipes will have pics with them). Step by step pictures to help you along the way.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

This is great!!! I always need a little inspiration when it comes to cooking!

Anna said...

I am very excited about this new blog!Great Work!