Monday, September 22, 2008

Tip for today

Grocery store talk...

- I go to the same store every time. They send me coupons in the mail because I am a frequent shopper- it helps!! Also, I know the layout and make my list in order of how I go through the store. You can also make your list up by categories: dairy, produce, canned, frozen, etc. so it makes it less likely to forget an item. There is nothing that drives me more crazy at the store than to have to walk clear across the store for one thing I forgot!!

- I make my menu for two weeks, then go through my pantry and see what I need to make these recipes. Add to my list the items we are out of, and there's your grocery list!

- The circular for my store comes in the mail in middle of the week, before I go to the store. I browse that for their sales for the week. If chuck roast is on sale that week, then, it looks like we're having pot roast, honey!! If you don't get the ad, check online. The stores usually have their ads online, so you can check for sales, add it to your list, and adjust your menu- instead of a bunch of impulse buys!!!

- Clip coupons!! It really makes a difference. It may be a beating, but overall, I think it's worth it. I usually save anywhere from $8-15 from coupons.

I bet you have a great grocery store tip. Let us in on it...

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I need some tips- I am the worst grocery stroe shopper, I wonder around clueless and ALWAYS for get aleast one thing!

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

My tip is to ask other people what stores they shop at regularly, and find the best bargains....

I love the fact that Target has cheap prices on groceries, but I usually balance out on whatever I save by buying something I "need" like clearance underwear or a cute top...hahahahaha!!