Monday, October 20, 2008

Breakfast for Dinner

I made breakfast for dinner last night, again my daughter's request. Her birthday weekend is now over, and we can return to our usual life of NOT revolving around her every request (yeah, right).

Bisquik Banana Pancakes
I followed the recipe on the back of the Bisquik box for the " Melt-in-your-mouth" pancakes.
2 cups Bisquik
1 cup milk
2 eggs
For melt-in-your-mouth version, add:
1 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
I also added:
1 mashed banana
cinnamon

Heat griddle. Mix all ingredients. Pour a ladle full of batter on hot griddle. Flip when bubbly, about 1-2 minutes.I turn my oven on warm (170 degrees) and keep a plate in there. I add the pancakes to the plate as they come out, and they all stay warm. Enjoy!


Last weekend, I took the leftover homemade crescent rolls, and made french toast with them. I dredged them in a batter of milk, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla and cooked on a buttered griddle. YUM!

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Yummy! We had breakfast for dinner the other night also. Kennan got a kick out of it!!