Friday, October 17, 2008

Weekly Menu

Again, not very exciting, but I said I would share it every week, so I will. October is just a busy time, and we were not at home every night this week for dinner.

Monday
King Ranch Chicken

corn tortillas
2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped OR canned chicken
shredded cheddar cheese
cream of chicken soup
small onion and 1/2 green pepper, sauteed until soft

Mix chicken, soup, some of the cheese, and pepper and onions in a bowl. Layer in a baking dish in this order: corn tortillas (tear the tortillas into strips/chunks), chicken mixture, cheese- ending on cheese. Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

*This is a great freezing dish. I make double and freeze half of it for a night when I need it!

Tuesday
Chicken quesadillas
fruit salad

Wednesday
frozen pizza
caesar salad

(Can you tell which two nights we weren't eating with our kids??)

Thursday
chicken chimichangas

Friday
Meatloaf
mashed potatoes
broccoli
chocolate cake
*Birthday meal 1 of 3- (all birthday meals chosen by the birthday girl- she's 3!)

Saturday
Gina's Pizza (awesome pizza in our area)
chocolate cake
*Birthday meal 2 of 3

Sunday
steak
roasted corn on the cob
salad
chocolate cake
*Birthday meal 3 of 3

*Thanks for voting on my pumpkin poll! I went to the grocery store yesterday, and remembered to get the goods for Pilgrim Pies. Coming soon!

3 comments:

jennifer said...

Again, yummy meal suggestions!! We looove king ranch chicken!!!

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is if you are making The Pilgram pie things you must save one, and I will come and pick it up at your house..Yummy..I think that this blog of your is great..Even though I am not a cook,I love knowing people who are.Maybe when Alex come home and get to stay longer than 3 days I will try some.

Colleen

Sydney said...

i LOVE king ranch chicken!
the first time i ever had it was with the branscums and i loved it and then she informed me she got the recipe from mom. WIERD. haha.

love you.