Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weekly Menu


Monday
Rosemary Ranch chicken
Roasted Corn
Caramelized Pearl Onions
Rosemary Ranch marinade-this may sound weird, but it is REALLY good. Very creamy marinade with a little tang to it. The chicken is always so moist and tender.I cut the chicken into chunks and put them on a skewer. I bake them in the oven, but you can grill them, too.
Caramelized Pearl OnionsSaute with butter and a little sugar
Mmmmm, nice and caramelized
Tuesday
Cheeseburgers on hawaiian sweet rolls (yes, again. We are loving these right now)

fried potatoes and onions

Wednesday
Fish tacos
rice

Thursday
Crockpot Tamale Pie
from The Crockpot Lady
This is the original recipe- mine is slightly different

My filling:
1 lb. ground beef
1 can chili (I like Hormel)
1 can hominy, drained
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
I can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup shredded cheese
filling
cornbread topping (pour on top of beef filling)After 6 hours on lowWhat I like about this recipe is it's adaptability. You can make the filling with whatever you like, or whatever you have in your pantry (this is a great clean out the pantry meal.)
Friday
Crockpot roast
homemade crescent rollsSaturday
Happy birthday, mom!!
Mom's birthday dinner:
cheeseburgers
homemade fries
Coconut Cake


1 comment:

jennifer said...

I just showed Kenny (the hubby) the picture of the tamale pie and he saw everything else on the menu as well. He said "Wow! They eat good!!!" Thanks again for sharing all of your wonderful ideas! We had donuts for breakfast this morning (reminded me of camping days)!!!!