Friday, October 31, 2008

Chicken Divan

This is only one of two meals I actually cooked this week. The other was Poor Man's Steak, and it was good, and I will definitely cook it again and remember to take pictures this time. I have had some comments about liking the photos with the recipes, so I don't like to post without them. Anyway, crazy, crazy week- so, here is Chicken Divan. I had heard of this before but never knew what it was or what was in it, until I saw Paula Deen make it one time. My husband loves broccoli and he is NOT a veggie eater, so I make pretty much anything with broccoli in it to get the man some veggies!

Chicken Divan
  • 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen broccoli, chopped
  • 6 cups shredded chicken, cooked
  • 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder (didn't have any, used Mrs. Dash Herb and Garlic)
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
  • 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Put broccoli and chicken in baking dish.

Mix soup, mayo, sour cream, cheese, lemon juice, curry powder, white wine and salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well together and pour over chicken and broccoli. Stir to combine.Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan, and melted butter in bowl and stir well. Sprinkle over chicken mixture. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.Enjoy!
I like the white wine and lemon juice in the sauce, because you can definitely taste a twang, but a good twang. I like this, but my husband said it didn't reheat very well when he tried it for lunch.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

So we make chicken divan too...but with much less ingredients. Cooked, cubed chicken, frozen broccoli, cream of chicken soup, mayo, and cheese!! We love it!!