Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween Brownie Cupcakes

My son had a Halloween party this week, and I didn't want to show up empty handed, so I checked the pantry and fridge, and whipped up some treats. These are brownies in cupcake form, with a cream cheese filling swirled in them. I totally cheated and used a brownie mix- just because I already had it!! And I am still searching for a good brownie recipe. I don't have a go-to from-scratch brownie recipe (do you? would you like to share?)

Brownie mix
Cream cheese filling
(2 packages cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and drops of yellow food coloring to make it orange and festive)
1/3 to 1/2 full of brownie batter, then a dollup of cream cheese mixture
Swirl slightly with a knife
Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. I kept checking mine every few minutes after 25 minutes
These were YUM. I had a lot of cream cheese filling left over (can't wait to do something with it- I really, really, love cream cheese stuff), so maybe just 1 package of cream cheese would be plenty. This made 1 1/2 dozen brownie cupcakes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, YUM! These look delicious. I'm going to try these.