Saturday, January 24, 2009

Green Bean Casserole

This is based on the "original" green bean casserole, with a few additions. It is a family recipe on my husband's side- I really covet any recipes from his side of the family. They are excellent cooks, and I like knowing I am keeping a tradition alive. There were no daughters to pass recipes down to, so I am grateful my mother-in-law shares them with me.
Our dinner tonight was so yummy!! Jason did a great job on the fried turkey and everything tasted great together. It was some work, but it is fun to do a big meal like this every once in a while. We have leftovers that will be another dinner this week, and lunches for Jason at work.

Granny's Green Bean Casserole
1 can green beans
1 can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
1/2 soup can milk
8 saltine crackers, crushed
1 can french fried onions
1 Tbsp. dry Italian seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning)
*This is easily doubled or quadrupled for a large crowd

Mix green beans, soup, milk, crackers, 1/2 can onions and Italian seasoning in large baking dish.

Top with remaining onions and bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes (45- 1 hour if quadrupled)

No comments: