Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ham and Cheese Paninis

There is something about Sunday nights- I just don't want to cook. I'm not sure why, but I never have any inspiration or desire on Sunday nights. Enter panini press. Now, I can make a decent dinner, without a lot of exertion. It's not just a sandwich, it's a panini. I don't feel like I am selling my family short, but I also don't have to put a whole lot of work in. :) I am looking forward to playing around with panini ideas this year.
We had ham and cheese paninis and salad with homemade Thousand Island dressing.

I spread Dijon mustard on both sides of the panini bread

I used Provolone cheese. My mom made these for me a while back and used fontina. They were way better with fontina. I'm saving my fontina cheese for another recipe this month.
Ham
I butter the bread on both sides. You can do olive oil, too. Cook for a few minutes.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Yummy!! I think I might have to get a panini press. What else can you do with it?

Kristen Ballard said...

Not sure- it's mostly for grilled sandwiches. That's why I had never bought one for myself. I like multi-functioning things! It makes really good, crispy sandwiches and the cheese gets yummy and melty.
I just got it for Christmas, and will be experimenting this year.