Thursday, January 22, 2009

King Ranch Chicken

This is one of those things I used to not like as a kid, but now that I am older, it's so yummy!! Also, I saute my onions and pepper to death, so that they are super soft and you never get a crunchy bite of onion or pepper. I love the taste that onions add, I just don't want to bite into one.
This recipe is for a 13x9 size pan. I divide it into two smaller pans, cook one, and freeze the other for when we need a meal.

King Ranch Chicken
2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup butter
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chiles)
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
12 tortillas, torn

Saute onion and green pepper in butter until soft. Let cool slightly.
Mix soups, Rotel, chicken and onion mixture in a bowl.


In a 13x9 pan (or 2 smaller pans, if dividing), spread a layer of tortillas
Top with the chicken mixture
Top with cheese
Repeat with tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese.
Bake for 20-30 minutes in a 325 degree oven.

1 comment:

Phillips Family said...

Just found your blog through Laura Drury's. I am hooked! can't wait to read more of your yummy recipes!